Sunday, January 24, 2010

Upcoming Projects!

I have a lot on my plate right now...which is a good thing. First of all, I need to let everyone know about a couple of upcoming recitals in February and March.

Brass Soloists of the Elgin Symphony Orchestra
February 13, 2010 at 4pm
Sherwood Conservatory Recital Hall at Columbia College

Joining me will be ESO Hornist Sharon Jones and ESO Principal Tubist Charles Schuchat. I will be performing Christopher Gordon's Concerto for Bass Trombone, as well as playing euphonium on a couple of brass trios.

In the last week of March, I will be giving a guest recital and masterclass at the Hugh Hodgson School of Music at the University of Georgia in Athens.

As a part of the Elgin Symphony Orchestra's Exiles in Hollywood Festival this season, the Gail Borden Public Library will be showing a series of films highlighting our featured composers. The three films to be shown are Double Indemnity (scored by Miklos Rozsa), Rebecca (scored by Franz Waxman) and The Seahawk (scored by Erich Wolfgang Korngold). Yours truly will be introducing each of these films and be giving some background on the composers.

I have a few other big projects in the pipeline which I need to keep "under wraps" for the time being. One of which, I am planning on having up and running in the next couple of months. All I can say at this time is that it will be very unique and hopefully a really good resource for students and professionals. More information to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers