Wednesday, October 28, 2009



Recommended Recording of the Week


This week's recording ties in with last week in that it is also by a film composer and has bass trombonist, Scott Thornton performing. Marco Beltrami is one the more interesting Hollywood composers for me. His scores are always fun to listen to, yet he is very imaginative in his use of colors.

The number one reason that I usually recommend this to my bass trombone students is Scott Thornton. Scott and I went to school together and he had a profound effect on the development my sound concept. I will get into more detail about this in a future post. Suffice to say, Scott Thornton has one of the most beautiful bass trombone sounds out there. This is should be in every bass trombone student's collection. Just listen to about halfway into the Main Title and you will hear what I mean!




Other Recommended Marco Beltrami Scores





Recommended Recordings Featuring Scott Thornton





Please check back next Wednesday for another recommended recording!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers