Wednesday, October 21, 2009




Recommended Recording of the Week


I picked up this cd earlier in the summer when I got booked to play Othello with Joffrey Ballet. After giving the disc another spin tonight, I am still just as impressed with Elliot Goldenthal's brilliant score. The San Francisco Ballet Orchestra does an incredible job and proves what a fine orchestra they are. This is a very good disc for any trombonist to have in their collection, as the SF Ballet Orchestra Trombones are world class. In interest of full disclosure, SF Ballet Orchestra Bass Trombonist, Scott Thornton is a good friend of mine. That doesn't make what I said any less true, that is a great bone section to listen to. I have spent the last week or so playing this ballet and the trombone parts are pretty monstrous!



Other recommended works by Elliot Goldenthal













For more on Elliot Goldenthal



I plan on making this a weekly column. So please check back next week for another recommended recording!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers