Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Othello at Joffrey Ballet

Tomorrow is opening night of Joffrey Ballet's production of Othello. I have long been a fan of Elliot Goldenthal's film scores. But until I got booked to play this show, the only one of his concert works I was familiar with was his Brass Quintet No. 2. I strongly encourage everyone to see this performance. This is a true masterpiece in the ballet repertoire. That's right, I said masterpiece. Those who know me well, know that I don't throw the word "masterpiece" around very often. The last time I had this much fun was performing John Adams' Nixon in China with Chicago Opera Theater. From Joffrey's website...

Oct 14 – 25, 2009

Choreography by Lar Lubovitch
Music by Elliot Goldenthal

The Joffrey premiere of Lar Lubovitch’s full-length, three-act ballet! Chicago-born Lubovitch brings his rhapsodic interpretation of Shakespeare’s classic tale of passion, jealousy, ambition and betrayal. Lubovitch’s compelling synthesis of classical and modern movement is heightened by a powerful score by Academy Award winner Elliot Goldenthal

Performance Dates and Times

Wednesday, October 14 7:30 PM
Friday, October 16 7:30 PM
Saturday, October 17 2:00 PM & 7:30 PM
Sunday, October 18 2:00 PM
Friday, October 23 7:30 PM
Saturday, October 24 2:00 PM & 7:30 PM
Sunday, October 25 2:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers